Jovial moniker belonging to a number of characters to appear on television over the years.
- On the sitcom HAPPY/NBC/1960-61, Happy Day (portrayed alternatively by twins David and Steven Born) was a baby who mugged for the camera and shared his thoughts of his daily life.
- On the detective drama MARTIN KANE, PRIVATE EYE/NBC/1949-54, Walter Kinsella played Happy McMann, who owned a tobacco shop where Martin Kane hung out.
- On the children’s sci-fi adventure SPACE PATROL/ABC/1951-52, Lyn Osborn played Space Cadet Happy, the youthful sidekick to Commander Buzz Corey.
- On the military sitcom MCHALES NAVY/CBS/CBS/1962-66, Gavin MacLeod played Joseph “Happy” Haines, a PT boat crew member stationed in the South Pacific during World War II.
- On episode No. 30 “The Return of Happy Spangler” on the sitcom THE DICK VAN DYKE/CBS/1961-66, J. C. Flippen appeared as Happy Spangler, the man who taught Rob Petrie how to write comedy material.
In addition, Happy (and Walter) were two white German shepherds that appeared with Jack La Lanne on his daily TV exercise show THE JACK LA LANNE SHOW/SYN/1956-70.