Jovial moniker belonging to a number of characters to appear on television over the years.
- On the sitcom HAPPY/NBC/1960-61, Happy Day (portrayed alternatively by twins David and Steven Born) was a baby who mugged for the camera and thought out loud sharing his thoughts of his daily life.
- On the detective drama MARTIN KANE, PRIVATE EYE/NBC/1949-54, Walter Kinsella played Happy McMann, who owned a tobacco shop where Martin Kane hung out.
- On the children’s sci-fi adventure SPACE PATROL/ABC/1951-52, Lyn Osborn played Space Cadet Happy, the youthful sidekick to Commander Buzz Corey.
- On the military sitcom MCHALES NAVY/CBS/CBS/1962-66, Gavin MacLeod played Joseph “Happy” Haines, a PT boat crew member stationed in the South Pacific during World War II.
- On episode No. 30 “The Return of Happy Spangler” on the sitcom THE DICK VAN DYKE/CBS/1961-66, J. C. Flippen appeared as Happy Spangler, the man who taught Rob Petrie how to write comedy material.
- On the sitcom SANFORD & SON/NBC/1972-77, Howard Platt played Officer “Happy” Hopkins during the 1972-76 seasons.
In addition, Happy (and Walter) were two white German shepherds that appeared with Jack La Lanne on his daily TV exercise show THE JACK LA LANNE SHOW/SYN/1956-70.