The nickname of Arthur Youngquist, the host the home repair show DR. FIX-UM/ABC/1949-50. This program was the precursor of such home improvement shows as:
- THAT’S O’TOOLE/ABC/1949 with Arthur Peterson as handyman Tinker O’Toole.
- THE BETTER HOME SHOW/ABC/1951-52 with Norman Brokenshire.
- HANDYMAN/SYN/1955, a program for home-workshop addicts.
- THIS OLD HOUSE/PBS/1979+ starring Bob Vila and other assorted hosts.
- HOMETIME/PBS/1987+ with Dean Johnson (and assorted female assistants).
- HOME AGAIN WITH BOB VILA/SYN/1990-2005.
- HOME IMPROVEMENT/ABC/1991-99 a sitcom with Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor (Tim Allen), the klutzy TV fix-it show host of “Tool Time.”
- HOUSE CALLS/SYN/1999-2015 hosted by Ron Hazelton (aka “The House Doctor”).
- HOLMES ON HOMES/SYN/2001-2008 with Mike Holmes, a general contractor who believes you should do things right the first time.